Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weight Loss

I have lost a little over 40 lbs thus far.  I am trying to not focus on the weight loss.  My focus has been a lifestyle change.  The problem with food is that it has so much emotional influence.  Food and the sensation of being full have been a source of comfort.  The process of change has not only been can I exercise and control my diet but, more can I manage stress, exhaustion, boredom and a host of other emotions without food. The first two months I could white knuckle the change and focus on the goal of the run.  As time has gone by the emphasis has been more on managing the day to day emotions and decisions.  The process of change always brings layers of emotions and choices that require an attitude of learning and growth. 
Only a little over a week and I will go to Nashville for the run.  I feel confident that I can do it.  Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. 

No comments: