Friday, April 1, 2011

Perseverance

I am embarrassed to say how surprised I am at how hard this is.  I have changed so many destructive patterns in my life, but each day that I choose to get out and run I am reminded about how hard it is to change a pattern in my life.  I laughed as I wrote “run”, I am not sure that anyone else would define what I am doing as “running”.  The other day a toddler passed me on the track looking up seeming to say, “Why is this large man breathing so hard”.  35 years ago I ran for about a year with my Dad several times a week. I am regretting all those thoughts I had about why he couldn’t keep up.  Change is hard but I am seeing results daily.  The goal is to not give up and trust the process of change…it will happen.  Thanks for your prayers and support.   

No comments: