Wednesday, May 7, 2014

5 Tools I Regularly Use

I am always looking for resources to help me or other people.  I talk with people on a regular basis and need to refer things to people to work at home.  Here are five I use often.  

Bible Tools 

Biblegateway - Great site for anything Bible.  It has multiple versions and search options.  It does have some Bible study tools.  I still love a leather bible I can hold in my hands but if I am in front of a computer nothing beats the speed and flexibility of this program.  

Youversion Bbile - This is the Bible app I use the most.  It is online as well as a smartphone app.  Youversion has multiple translations and devotional tools.  You can also listen to many different versions.  I use the app on my phone daily for devotionals, read or listen to scripture.  This is the Bible I carry to church and use often.  

Personality Tests

Strengths Finder - Most tests try to look at strengths and weaknesses.  Strengths Finder will identify your top five strengths.  The goal is to learn to live in your strengths, not just spend all of your time improving your weaknesses but live in the sweet spot of your strengths. I think this concept is great and can be a useful tool to understand what is unique about yourself. The cost is around ten dollars and is well worth the cost.  

Keirsey Temperament Sorter - 16personalities - Both of these test are free.  They are loosely built on the Myers-Briggs test.  They can be a useful tool to help you get some understanding about your personality.  

Books

Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL) - Fascinating website.  If you like to read or just are curios about old books you will love this website.  It has thousands of book that you can read for free.  This is their mission statement -  "To build up Christ's church by making available classic Christian books and promoting their use."


Two Extras 

AlltopTheir website says it best "enables you to create a “personal, online magazine rack” of your favorite websites and blogs. You can create a personal collection from over 32,000 information sources—if you’re interested in something, we probably have it covered." Great website if you want to find blogs on topics or just surfing for information.

Canva - Great new website to create graphics online.  Easy to use and looks great.  


Give me Your Feedback

Hope you will check out some of these.  What resources have you found to be helpful?  Do you use any of these that I have highlighted?  

No comments: